Publications & Presentations
Publications and Manuscripts
- Matar S. & Marantz A. (2022). Models of processing complex spoken words: the naïve, the passive, and the predictive, Proceedings of the 2022 Conference on Cognitive Computational Neuroscience.
- Matar S., Dirani J., Marantz. A., & Pylkkänen L. (2021). Left posterior temporal cortex is sensitive to syntax within conceptually matched Arabic expressions, Scientific Reports 11, 7181.
- Matar, S., Pylkkänen L., & Marantz A. (2019). Left occipital and right frontal involvement in syntactic category prediction: MEG evidence from Standard Arabic, Neuropsychologia 135, 107230. Special issue: The Neural basis of Linguistic Prediction (ed: Mante Nieuwland, Nina Kazanina).
- Farah N.†, Zoubi A.†, Matar S.†, Golan L., Marom A., Butson C.R., Brosh I. & Shoham S. (2013). Holographically patterned activation using photo-absorber induced neural–thermal stimulation, Journal of Neural Engineering 10(5) 056004 [†equal contribution].
- Matar S., Golan L. & Shoham S. (2011). Reduction of two-photon holographic speckle using shift-averaging, Optics Express 19(27), 25891-25899.
- Matar S., Golan L., Farah N., Reutsky I. & Shoham S., Holographic photo-stimulation for dynamic control of neuronal population activity, Proceedings of the IEEE EMBS 4th International Conference on Neural Engineering, April-May, 2009, Antalya, Turkey.
- Matar S. & Marantz A., Early cortical sensitivity to ambiguous morpheme boundaries in speech: MEG evidence from Arabic. 28th edition of Architectures and Mechanisms for Language Processing Conference (AMLaP); 2022 September 7-9; York, UK.
- Matar S. Processing Latent Information in Language Comprehension. The Basque Center on Cognition, Brain and Language (BCBL; 2022 April).
- Matar S., Left posterior temporal cortex is sensitive to syntax within conceptually matched Arabic expressions. Talk presented at the Basque Center on Cognition, Brain and Language (BCBL; 2021, April).
- Matar S., Dirani J., Marantz A. & Pylkkänen L., Dissociating syntactic processing and semantic composition in the left temporal lobe: MEG evidence from Standard Arabic. Talk presented at: 12th annual meeting of the Society for the Neurobiology of Language (SNL); 2020 Oct 21-24 (virtual).
- Matar S., Dirani J., Pylkkänen L. & Marantz A., Syntactic category prediction during reading: MEG evidence from adjectival modification in Standard Arabic. Talk presented at: Experimental Arabic Linguistics Conference 2018 (EXAL18); 2019 Oct 28-29; Al Ain, United Arab Emirates.
- Matar S., Dirani J., Pylkkänen L. & Marantz A., Syntactic category prediction during reading: MEG evidence from adjectival modification in Standard Arabic. Talk presented at: 1st Workshop on Predictive Processing; 2018 Jun 20-22; San Sebastián, Spain.
- Matar S. & Shoham S., Two-photon holographic photo-stimulation for dynamic control of neuronal population activity. Talk presented at: 18th Annual Meeting of Israeli Society for Neuroscience; 2009 Nov 22-24; Eilat, Israel.